Tuesday, October 30, 2007

This is not a Simulation!

I know there is a post below promising a coming soon that never come about London, but the fact is that I'm now in Boston (please don't ask what I'm doing here now .. that is for another entry). Anyway I was ready to write about my first visit to the United State of America, in this week I had fun and I walked all around the city trying to catch it essence, but when I felt inspired to write ...BEE! BEE! BEE! the fire alarm of my hotel room started. I though well this guys are always doing simulations, but then I heard very clearly the fatal sentence "THIS IS NOT A SIMULATION THIS IS NOT A SIMULATION" eh? I'm in the last floor guys! I just have time to take my trousers and obviously my pocket camera! I ran downstairs and the alarm was always playing more loud BEE BEE BEE THIS BUILDING IS UNDER EMERGENCY ... oh my God, oh our God! each floor I was looking if it was warm or if I can see flames. Finally I arrived downstairs, some people where smoking outside and chatting like nothing was happened (but that was not the reason of the alarm), then I went to the lobby and finally I heard what I want to hear: "We are sorry False alarm Sir". False Alarm? I nearly had a heart attach! At that moment all the guests started to arrive and of course our guys the Fire Fighters as well .. man they look like the ones on TV, I though :) So I did the photo!

Who knows me will say: "Raff this things always happen to you" and what can I say? is true, I took seat and start to think:"Raff are you stupid?, why you took the camera in a situation like this?" then I started to look around to all the other guys, they where in pajamas but with their laptops switched on man, their laptops switched on ;)

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hehe that's the big old US of A...
You will get used to it...
NY 20 years ago - fire, me on top floor, what did I take?
Passport, but forgot my girlfriend!!!
Realized when I was in the lobby :) :) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home